Fuzhou is also known as the Banyan City. Located in the eastern part of Fujian in the downstream reaches of the Minjiang River, it is the capital of Fujian Province. With a total area of 12,000 km and a population of 8.42 million, Fuzhou now has six districts, one county-level city and five counties under its jurisdiction.
Fuzhou Sedbergh School is situated 50 km from Fuzhou city, 14 km from Changle International Airport and 2 km from the coast and enjoys excellent air quality. Our campus covers a 16 hectare site and incorporates: two sports halls, an Olympic size swimming pool, lecture theatre, auditorium, Chinese cultural centre, recording and dance studios and many other world class facilities.
International teachers working at RQSS will be granted the following benefits and support from the school:
• Furnished accommodation on site is provided (utilities covered by staff own, refer to the school policy at the time of induction for actual situation)
Relocation and On-boarding Support:
• relocation allowance for each individual teacher who relocates to Fuzhou
• communications allowance
• use of a staff laptop
• meals allowance
• visa application and processing fees included
• annual return air ticket for each academic year
• medical insurance worldwide (excluding USA) coverage
• employer liability insurance
• free tuition for up to two children
• contract completion bonus
Staff will enjoy the benefits of many facilities available to them. We have sports pitches, athletics tracks, a fully equipped gym and swimming pool. We also have coffee shop, grocery shop, express center and recreational space for staff to enjoy on their days off.
Fuzhou Sedbergh School is an equal opportunities employer. If you are interested in any positions in RQSS, all applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your CV detailing two references, of which one must be your most recent employer. School HR will reply to candidates within 3 working days of receiving the resume,and let the candidates know whether you have been shortlisted. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a live interview either face to face or online.
Fuzhou Sedbergh School is fully committed to safeguarding and child welfare. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks, including ICPC or DBS for UK based staff as well as prohibition order checks. Candidates based in China will additionally be required to obtain a Chinese police clearance certificate.
For the 2023-2024 academic year, RQSS is still hiring:
• Planning and preparing courses and lessons; teaching students, according to their educational needs;
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students;
• Preparing students for examinations and for their next level of study;
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students;
• Identifying and researching resources and equipment required for teaching;
• To participate in the delivery of boarding provision;
• Offer extra-curricular activities to support the ethos and enrichment of the school's provision.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject;
• A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed; M.Ed; PGCE or other regional teaching certificate );
• Minimum two years English teaching experience in a senior school setting;
• Previous experience of teaching ESL students is an advantage;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work.